- Protec is woven from thousands of nylon filaments into a self-renewing, abrasion-resistant fabric
sleeve. As it is scuffed and worn, its filaments friz forming an even thicker more protective shield.
This smooth-bore sleeve is easily installed over hose, chains, cables or springs and may be secured
with nylon cable ties or band-clamps.
- As a hose cover, it provides outstanding personal injury protection to equipment operators by deflecting
the spray of hot hydraulic fluids in the event of a hose failure.
- It also extends individual hose life in severe abrasive environments.
- It is an excellent product for holding two or more hoses in a single bundle.
- For hose groups that must follow the same flex pattern, bundling will provide identical flex memory
to all hoses in the group bundle.
- In some cases, it eliminates the need for bulkhead couplings by shielding hoses that must pass
through metal openings.
- It protects painted finishes when used as a flexible cover for chains, cables and springs.
- Cordura or Anso-tex bulk nylon fiber yarn. Cordura is a registered trademark of Dupont. Anso-tex
is a registered trademark of Allied Fibers.
- .090" ± .020", Doubled Flat
- Passes FMVSS 302 horizontal flame test, MSHA accepted.
- Maximum ambient temperature 250°F.
- 100 and 300 foot rolls. Pieces cut to length with ends heat sealed are available on request.
Protec Specifications PDF